Happy New Year, everyone! Presenting I Need This Unicorn’s second giveaway: Rainbows & Unicorns! I am overwhelmed with the response of my very first giveaway! The winner of the Mermaid Makeup Bag and Lipstick Bundle has been contacted via email and Instagram. I am ready to mail out the prize bundle to her!
For such a micro blog, I am surprised at how many people entered the last giveaway! I’m just one person running a tiny blog and brand struggling to do my own thing. I am happy to meet all of you! Offering free stuff… who would have thought people would follow you for that? Haha! Right! I hope you’ll stay! In fact, I want to ask what you are interested in seeing. I have plans for this blog and want to incorporate more of my ideas. So I ask you, what do you want to see more of? And what kinds of t-shirt designs or other merch would you be interested in? I know I need more unicorns, they’re currently in the pencil sketch phase.
I Need This Unicorn is about coveting anything limited edition or hard-to-get. Not necessarily about unicorns, but I know that’s why many of you followed. As kids, I am sure we all wanted something if we saw a unicorn on it. But of course mom wouldn’t buy it for you because you didn’t need it. (Or realistically, money was scarce.) Anything with a unicorn or a pegasus on it, I wanted it. Even in adulthood, I see a unicorn and automatically I think it’s cute and want to buy it. I am actually trying to put myself in the mindset of not doing any impulse buying. I don’t want to call it a New Years Resolution because I stopped doing those a long time ago. If you need to change, do it now. Not Monday, not (next) January 1st. Do it right now. So I stopped shopping at once! In the words of Sen. Chiz Escudero: “If it’s on sale and you don’t need it, it’s too expensive.”
And that’s why my swatch posts have been lacking! I have been on a no-buy!
I asked in my holiday email newsletter for any suggestions, and I got a really great one! First, a giveaway that will interest my male audience. They don’t read my blog, but they do visit my store and much of my audience are males, not interested in makeup, but in gaming. So I can see how these giveaways don’t interest them! My next giveaway will be one that should interest everyone! Also, dragons and phoenixes were suggested for Mythical Creatures and I think that is a great idea! I better get drawing! If you have more ideas, please put them in the comments of your entry in the form linked below.
I Need This Unicorn isn’t just a beauty blog, though it has a heavy focus on it! I wanted to incorporate more of the limited edition / hard-to-obtain stuff since that’s kinda what inspired my blog’s name to begin with. I have a few, as you may have seen, but I’d like to do more. Which means eating more junk food for me! I’d also like to do more nostalgic posts as I keep finding my old, cool stuff I’d like to share. I also have plans on merging my old stationery design blog into this one. Which would have stationery design, tips on party planning, event styling, entertaining guests and recipes. It was a wedding stationery business and had wedding advice in my posts, but I think wedding planning is it’s own blog. Of course this means I should be a better job of consistently blogging. I don’t know how people can post a few times a day. I struggle with once a month!
I’ve been collecting unicorn things since starting the blog, knowing that I wanted to do a giveaway. Hence, giving away rainbow highlighters which were popular a couple of years ago! But you know what? You can still wear them. In fact when I do, people ask me all the time, what I am wearing. Seriously, I get stopped everywhere. People still notice the rainbow highlighter! And they don’t tell me 2016 called, which is a relief.
I know you didn’t read any of that. You want want the free unicorn stuff. So here’s the Rainbows & Unicorns Giveaway:
• Mythical Creatures Makeup Bag- This is the very first item I designed for my brand! For the mythical creature lovers, you can be anything you want to be as long as you pack your essentials! You can use it for makeup, hair styling accessories or art supplies. This bag has a divider with 2 pockets. This bag can also be washed without the colors running or fading. Believe me, I have a ton of these bags! The bag you will get is a 10 inch bag. Large enough for travel with or carry in a diaper bag. There is a larger, 12 inch version is available, which I use to put in my full size bottles when traveling.
• Unicorn notebooks- These unicorn ruled notebooks are purchased from Typo. I chose a traditional unicorn as well as cute vintage 80’s My Little Ponies. For a kid, a teenager or an adult, who doesn’t need to write things down? Okay fine, people use devices and computers now. I still like to sketch, even on lined paper!
• PUR My Little Pony Movie Palette- While this palette came out last year, I did buy it when it was still full price! This palette has brights as well as a few neutrals. I have my own palette and used it on my Dia de los Deftones sugar skull look.
• H&M Tape Dispenser- H&M has come out with many cute tape dispensers. I have collected a few myself! This one is a hot pink unicorn with rainbow tape. The one you will be getting is sealed and unopened.
• 3 Rainbow Highlighters- I have an older post reviewing a handful of rainbow highlighters. I actually need to do an updated post because I have collected many more! My least favorite highlighter is in this prize bundle. Why? Because I bought two when I made the purchase! At the very least, you will know what I’m talking about when you experience it for yourself. It’s not completely unusable. I’m sure you’l find a purpose for it! If you have a child that you’re giving this to, it’s a good excuse to not let them go out like that because of the blue stripe on their face.
Of course I had to buy the rainbow highlighter I love, and another one that I like! You might as well read my old post to see the review and swatches. Included in this prize bundle:
- Chaos Makeup in Kaledioscope
- Ulta Rainbow Highlighter
- Wet N Wild Color Icon Rainbow Highlighter in Unicorn Glow
• Bath and Body Works Anti-Bac Holder- A super adorable periwinkle holder with a glittery unicorn that lights up! Attach this to your purse! They do have a ton of new ones, but this one is more compact (less bulk) Though I prefer the clip attachment. This does not come with any anti-bac gel. If I included one, it would inevitably leak everywhere in the mail cause that’s how life goes.
None of these brands or stores are sponsoring this contest, The exception being my brand, I Need This Unicorn. I purchased everything myself with my own money for the purposes of this giveaway. None of these items were given to me for free.
I am switching up how to enter this time because last time, I felt like people were entering the contest without knowing it. If they don’t want the prize, it’s a waste and not cool to the people who actually want it! Also, the conditions were to subscribe or follow and you already did that. This giveaway requires a bit of sharing. My brand is new and I need help getting the word out! I cannot afford to buy fake followers, nor do I want to. Real genuine human beings, that’s all I ask for!
How To Enter:
Contest runs from January 4th, 2019 at 12am PST to January 14th, 2019 at 11:59 PST.
There are several ways to enter and you do not need to do them all! However, completing more actions does increase your chances of winning.
There are two major Rules:
• You must be 18 or over to enter
• You must have a mailing address in the United States
• Fill Out The Form– Gain + 5 Entries
Not only will you get updates on new designs I have in my online store, you will also get a 15% off coupon code!
Also, let me know what you are interested in with I Need This Unicorn! This helps me know what you want to see so I can create the content for you on the blog and in my shop!
(You may omit answering the optional questions, you will still gain 5 entries.)
*Filling out the form means you are subscribing the the Shop newsletter. You may unsubscribe any time you want. If you are already subscribed, I will make sure that you don’t get duplicate email newsletters sent to the same email address.
In the form there is an option to also subscribe to blog updates which will be sent out after a new post is live. It doesn’t increase your chance of winning if you sub. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Social Media Entries:
- Instagram: Follow @ineedthisunicorn + Like the giveaway photo + Tag 1, 2 or 3 friends
+ 1 Entry with 1 Tag, + 2 Entries with a Tags, + 3 Entries with 3 Tags
- Instagram: Follow @shopineedthisunicorn + Like the giveaway photo + Tag 1, 2 or 3 friends
+ 1 Entry with 1 Tag, + 2 Entries with a Tags, + 3 Entries with 3 Tags
- Instagram: Gain +2 entries if you are a Follower of either account and Repost either of the Giveaway Images on your account. Just once!- In the caption, tag all 3: @ineedthisunicorn, @shopineedthisuniorn #ineedthisunicorngiveaway (Your profile will need to be public so I can actually see it. Giveaway and new accounts are ok.)
- Pinterest: Follow Jeswes and Repin this Giveaway Image +1
+1 Additional entry if you pin another photo of the prizes from this very blog page onto any of your boards.
- Facebook: Like the page + Comment your favorite mythical creature on the Giveaway Post! + 1 entry
+1 Additional Entry with Share Post !
Up to +3 Additional Entries if you tag up to 3 Friends in the comments of the giveaway post
(+ 1 Entry with 1 Tag, + 2 Entries with a Tags, + 3 Entries with 3 Tags)
Keep in mind that I do not maintain the Facebook account, so I cannot reply to comments, but I can still see them.
- Twitter: Follow Needthisunicorn + Retweet Contest Image. +1
+ 1 Additional entry if you tell me what your favorite mythical creature is, in your Retweet!
Gain up to +3 additional entries if you tag up to 3 friends on Twitter! (Will have to be public, so I can see it to count it.)
To sum it up, here are the max number of points you can get per media :
Form Entry (subscribing to the shop email newsletter): +5
If my math is correct, that is 25 chances to win! Good luck to you!
All entries are optional! You do not need to fill out the form to enter, nor do you need to be on every social platform! However, you may have increased chances of winning if you complete all of the actions. If you win, you will be contacted via the platform you entered on and if I can match your social media username to your email, I will also email you. I will announce the winner on both of my Instagram accounts.
You must have a mailing address in the USA to enter. Because of various laws in other countries, I can’t legally hold a contest for any of them. For example, Canada actually has complicated laws. Really, look it up! I’d love for it to be international and I would be willing to mail it anywhere in the world, but the laws are just too crazy and I can’t afford to get into trouble.
While this prize pack is great for a child or teenager, you must be over 18 to enter. However, If someone underage wants to enter this contest, please ask a family member to enter for you. I cannot legally DM a child and ask them for their home address! But I do encourage parents to enter this for them because note books, a tape dispenser and colorful makeup to play with would be fun for them!
Contest ends on Monday, January 14th, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
After the contest is over, all the entries will be tallied up and put into a list of names and put in a random generator.
Winner will be announced on January 16th and announced on both of Instagram accounts, Twitter and with an update on this very post.
A lot of people are sick of the unicorn trend and that’s fine. I’m going to get sick of them too once I’m done with the new unicorn designs. But I don’t go on healthy lifestyle blogs and go “ewwww healthy kale shakes and yoga poses!” There are plenty of people who aren’t sick of unicorns, and this prize bundle is for you!
If you enter this contest, it will be worth your while to read the following:
Terms & Conditions:
I Need This Unicorn -Rainbows & Unicorns Giveaway
ii. No Purchase Necessary:
Making a purchase from our online store does not increase your chances of winning. There is no purchase necessary! The contest it is free to enter.
Contest runs from January 4th, 2019 at 12am PST through Friday, January 14th, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
I Need This Unicorn, LLC is the sponsor of this contest. The other brands included in the prize bundle of this contest are not sponsors. To receive a notification of the winner, please contact: [email protected]
Must be 18 years of age or over to enter. Must be a resident and have a mailing address in the United States of America. Please provide a complete mailing address if you are the winner. Family members of the owner or any employee of I Need This Unicorn, LLC are not eligible for prizes.
One winner will receive this prize bundle which includes:
• I Need This Unicorn brand Mythical Creatures Makeup Bag
• 2 unicorn notebooks
• Pur My Little Pony Movie eyeshadow palette
• Chaos Makeup Kaleidoscope Rainbow Highlighter
• Ulta Beauty Rainbow Highlighter
• Wet N Wild Rainbow Highlighter
• Bath and Body Works light up Unicorn Anti-Bac Holder
• H&M Pink Unicorn Tape Dispenser
vi. How to Enter:
How to Enter is listed in completion above. You do not need to do all of the actions to win, but it will increase your chances of winning.
You must be following or subscribed to me in whichever social platform you entered, by the time the contest has ended. You can unsubscribe at any time afterwards.
vii. Winner Selection:
Entries will be collected and names put in a random generator online. Winner will be chosen on Wednesday, January 16th.
viii. Winner Notification:
Winner will be emailed or sent a direct message via social platform you entered on, on January 16th. The winner will be announced with a post on my Instagram (email addresses and full names will be kept private. But a social media username or first name may be shown.) The winner has until February 2, 2019 to email me back with their mailing address or DM me with their mailing address, otherwise the prize will be forfeited and a new winner chosen on February 3rd. The winner will be contacted a second time if I do not hear from you before I choose a new winner.
User information will never be given or sold to an outside party. This information is only used for the purposes of my own business and blog. Entering via subscribing to my mailing list, means you’ll be subscribed to my email mailing list, however, you can unsubscribe at any time. Social Media analytics will collect demographic information, such as age, gender and location if provided on your public profile.
x. Limitation of Liability:
The sponsor of this promotion is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to a participant’s or third party’s computer related to or resulting from the Giveaway, the entries and/or it prizes. The Sponsor is not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or downloading of information in connection with the Giveaway.
xi: Social Network Disclaimers:
This giveaway is not associated with or sponsored by Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook or any other social media platform.
xii. Winner List:
To obtain a notification of whom the winner is, either see it on either of our Instagram accounts, or email: [email protected]
I Need This Unicorn, LLC
PO BOX 21524 Concord, CA 94521
Pinterest users, feel free to pin these images for one additional contest entry!
Now that was a lot of words! Did anyone read that? If the contest had a quiz on what I just said on my blog post and that was the only way to win, I’d have a lot of extra makeup lying around. Seriously! If you’ve read this blog post to the end, that is amazing! I already cannot believe that anyone is interested in what I say, ever! So you know what? If you comment on any of the social media posts, “Celine is a beast at DPS!” You gain +5 more entries, how about that? Yes, that means I put your name down 5 more times to win! And for the record, that’s my video game character, I’m not insulting anyone, that’s me! And it means Damage Per Second, not double… errr you know. It dissuades others from retyping it of they have no idea what it means. It’s just you and me! Thanks for entering!