If you haven’t yet read Part 1 of my Jeffree Star Cosmetics Magic Star Concealers, be sure to take a look! Today I am showing you swatches on my friend with an NC30 skin tone, more fair-light olive comparisons and my review after wearing this concealer for two weeks.
I also went back to swatch the fair-light olive tones together so we could get a better look at them side-by-side. However, C6 had run out and it was super dried out. So the swatches aren’t great but I got out what I could.
My website traffic has never been so high! Though many of them have been one time visitors, I hope I have some gained new readers! Let’s interact with each other on Instagram! I’d love to meet you!
Also, I have been informed that no body reads these and just looks at the pictures. So pictures…
Magic Star Concealers Swatched on NC30:
Shade Descriptions (from the official site)
- C1 / Very light skin with rose undertones
- C2 / Fair skin with neutral undertone
- C3 / Light skin with vanilla beige undertones
- C4 / Light skin with rose undertones
- C5 / Light skin with neutral undertones
- C6 / Light skin with olive undertones
- C7 / Light to medium skin with neutral undertones
- C8 / Light to medium skin with olive undertones
- C9 / Medium skin with warm peach undertones
- C10 / Medium skin with olive undertones
- C11 / Medium skin with rose undertones
- C12 / Medium skin with peach undertones
- C13 / Medium skin with neutral undertones
- C14 / Medium skin with yellow undertones
- C15 / Tan skin with golden olive undertones
- C16 / Tan skin with warm neutral undertones
- C17 / Tan skin with rose undertones
- C18 / Tan skin with neutral undertones
- C19 / Medium-deep skin with golden undertones
- C20 / Medium-deep skin with warm olive undertones
- C21 / Medium-deep skin with golden yellow undertones
- C22 / Deep skin with golden orange undertones
- C23 / Deep skin with rose undertones
- C24 / Deep skin with warm neutral undertones
- C25 / Deep skin with neutral undertones
- C26 / Deep skin with olive undertones
- C27 / Very deep skin with rose undertones
- C28 / Very deep skin with neutral undertones
- C29 / Very deep skin with golden rose undertones
- C30 / Very deep skin with golden undertones
I hope these swatches were helpful to those with a medium skin tone! If you need to see them on a fair skin tone, be sure to take a look at my previous post!
Comparisons of the light olive shades swatched on NC15:
I said I’d be going back to swatch the light olive shades side-by-side, so here they are!
Well it’s been two weeks since the launch and some of the testers have had it, like C6, which is pretty much empty and dried out. But we can see that it’s darker than C8. I believe C8 is my actual skin tone, so I will be purchasing that one when it comes back in-stock. I have C3 for my brightening shade.
I was asked on Instagram to compare C3 and Tarte Shape Tape in Fair, side-by-side and set. Drying down can possibly alter the color. The swatches on my previous post weren’t dried down, so this time I let them dry down a bit to see if they oxidize. They definitely turned out different than I expected. They look very similar on the photos I posted when they were still wet. But set, we can see JSC is a tad more yellow and perhaps a smidgen lighter. I am posting them full size so you can really get a look at them.
And yes my arm is stained from all the lipstick swatches I made.
I also wanted to update you on my opinion after wearing it everyday for two weeks. This has become my new favorite to replace all others. With the existence of Shape Tape, that’s saying a lot! With JSC, there is no caking, creasing or separation. My makeup still looks fresh after a full day of wearing this concealer. Some of that can be credited to my foundation (Makeup For Ever HD stick). I only lightly powdered, I don’t like to bake with powder because it makes my skin look worse than it is. It’s pretty smooth on it’s own and too much powder can actually give it an unsavory texture. I do, however, bake with concealer, and it’s working out well! I think the true test of this concealer is to wear it on a super hot day at a festival. So at Bottlerock, if my face doesn’t melt off like it usually does, I am handing Jeffree a crown.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. I do not get paid to make reviews. I don’t get sent PR. There are no affiliate links.